All You Need To Know About Snell Isle in St Pete
When was Snell Isle developed? – 1920s
Snell Isle was developed by C. Perry Snell in 1899 after he returned to St. Petersburg from traveling around Europe. The first piece of land purchased was North Shore Park followed by Crescent Lake (located off of 22nd Ave. North between 5th and 7th street), and Mirror Lake (Centered between 4th and 1st Ave. North and 8th St. and 4th St. North). Snell also purchased 600 acres of land which is now Coffee Pot Bayou. The architecture is a mixture of European and Spanish styles. Both contribute greatly to the elegant nature of the island. In1928 Mr. Snell gave a piece of land to The Women’s Club to use for building a meeting center.
- Active crime watch organization (There have only been 2 car thefts this year. There has been no other criminal activity. This is lower than the crime in all other parts of St. Petersburg.)
- Median home value is $380,603
- Home and apartment vacancy rate 8.6% (Lower than 48% of all neighborhoods in the nation.)
- 6.7% of the population have Scottish Ancestry
- There is a nonprofit organization called The Snell Isle Property Owners Association, members of the organization are committed to maintaining and improving the Snell Isle life style
What are the boarders? – 34th Ave NE and Locust St. down to Coffee Pot Bayou and across to Tampa Bay.
- How many holes is the golf course? 18
- What are the amenities? Tennis, Golf, dinning, pool
- What is the monthly membership fee? Contact Lance Moyer at 727-849-1000 for all golf membership information
- Full Service golf pro shop – 727-896-8000
Snell Isle Apartments – 888-904-7920
- Luxury waterfront apartments
- One, two and three bedroom units available
- Amenities include
- Two resort style swimming pools
- Resident internet café
- BBQ Grills
- Three fishing docks
- State of the art fitness center
- Picnic areas
- Rent ranges from $750.00 to $1,445.00 per month depending on the size of the apartment.
- These homes range in price from a $50,000 pre-foreclosure listing to a $3,950,000 4bd/5ba/1partial/5861 sq feet
The women’s Club that Perry Snell gifted the land too nearly 100 years ago is now a thriving community feature for many women. It is beautifully located on the waterfront with a ballroom and many flexible room arrangements capable of accommodating any entertaining need. There are also many community outreach opportunities such as collecting and distributing school supplies to in need children, making handmade pillows for the St. Petersburg Hospice, and many more.
St Raphael Catholic School Catholic
Shorecrest Preparatory School Private
Canterbury School Of Florida Private
Meadowlawn Middle School Public
Imagine Charter School Public
John Hopkins Middle School Public
St. Petersburg High School Public
Northeast High School Public
Gibbs High School Public
Ptec – St Petersburg Campus Public
Lakewood High School Public
Private High Schools
Tampa Bay Real Estate Blog. St Pete Blog. The Home Team.