If you live in Tampa Bay here are 5 things you should know about home staging.
If you’re selling a home in St Petersburg or anywhere in Tampa Bay and it’s been listed by a trusted real estate professional you might be left wondering, “What else can I do to help this house sell?” Well the answer lies with home staging.
Essentially home staging is a tactic used to improve the chances of capturing a buyer by highlighting the strengths of your home while downplaying its weaknesses.
There are hundreds of home staging tips out there that vary in the amount of money, effort and energy that you have to expend. So we’ve made it easy by narrowing them down to what we consider our top 5 home staging tips that carry a big bang for your buck (or effort).
1) Is this place condemned? Your front entrance will definitely leave a lasting first impression so you want to make sure that it’s a good one. Clean up and spruce up your front entrance by cleaning, replacing door handles, clearing up clutter and perhaps put out some pretty greenery.
2) Not everyone will be impressed with your thimble collection – Take an inventory of the possessions that you’ve accumulated and plan to store half of your stuff. Not only will the place appear larger but buyers will be less likely to be distracted by your belongings.
3) Sure that picture of little Tommy on a horse is cute but…- It is critical that your buyers be able to visualize themselves living in your space and it’s difficult to do that with pictures around. And by removing some of these items you allow the buyer to feel less like they are intruding on someone else’s space but viewing their future space!
4) Evict the dust bunnies – Clean, clean and then clean some more. A clean home screams a well-maintained home that has nothing to hide.
5) Wow, that lime green kitchen is…ummm…bright – If you can afford to splash on a coat of fresh paint then do so. Aim for neutral colors so that (again) your buyer can picture themselves living there. The smell of paint will also leave the buyer with the idea that the property has been recently updated which is a terrific thing. That is one less thing they have to do when they move in.
Tampa Bay Real Estate Blog. The Home Team.