Help! I need to sell my home in St Petersburg!
Some say the real estate market in Tampa Bay is improving. While it may be so in some areas of St Petersburg and other cities of Pinellas, it is still a challenging time to sell your home. We talk to sellers daily and all of them have questions: how do I get the most for my house? What improvements do you think need to be done before I put it on the market? Is it worth updating my baths? How much do you charge? And so on…
We made a short video below with a few tips. Here’s a brief overview:
1) Think like a buyer. If you walked into your house for the first time, what would you like and what would you absolutely dislike?
2) Declutter. Clean out your counter space, bathrooms and floors.
3) What would a woman think about your house? Statistically women play a more decisive role when buying a home. If she loves it – he’ll like it too! A man wants to know if he can fit his truck and fishing poles in the garage. A woman wants to know if baths are clean, kitchen layout is convenient and the home is safe. Is your home ready for a thorough woman’s eye?
4) Keep your focal points appealing. Your entry point should be clean and inviting, entertainment center organized and kitchen spotless.
5) Address small issues. Leaky faucet can only make the buyer wonder if there are bigger problems with the house. Inexpensive updates like painting, caulking, washing windows can make a huge difference and push your home to stand out among the slew of others.
6) Going through a short sale or in a hardship situation? Feel discouraged? Getting your home to a sellable level will only help you sell it faster, make your lender happy and avoid losing potential buyers. With a little effort you can move on with your life quickly.
7) Staging. For the most part buyers are not looking for a palace; they want to see a neutral pallet home where they can visualize themselves as owners. So don’t overstage. Also show them less of you and more of your home. Replacing family photos on the walls with décor appropriate pictures might be a good idea.
There are so many more tips to give, including answers to technical questions about short sales, contract issues, inspections. And we can talk for hours about types of marketing that is appropriate for your home in today’s real estate market. Just for you we put together a number of articles from our blog. Click on Things to do before you list your homes in St Petersburg / Tampa Bay to see them all.
Need more advice? Thinking about short selling your home in St Petersburg? Call or text us now at 727-644-3370 or contact us here.
We love your comments! Please post them below.